March 02, 2011
Even though it's still pretty cold here in NYC, spring is just around the corner, and for lots of brides, that means finding the right finishing touches. Check out these rustic and spring inspired ideas, all via Etsy.com.
1. Custom Favor Bags. Rustic custom monogrammed bags for favors like candy (or even a take-home bit of wedding cake). Where can we sign up? (Rhino Feathers, 50 for $29)
2. Vintage Teacups. These vintage floral teacups have just the right amount of woodsy-meets-girlie style. Use them for your bridal shower or for yoru midnight coffee and tea serving at the end of the reception. (Olive Vintage, $30)
3. Birch Bark Boutonniere. We love carved-tree-initials that this birch bark boutonniere inspires. Plus, we promise your ring bearer and groom would pick wearing this over a flower any day. (AprilHilerDesigns, $6.50)
4. Tree Slice Centerpiece.In case you haven't noticed, we're all about the customization here. Don't want your initials carved all over the place? Try table numbers or even table names instead. (And check out the other cool rustic ideas from these guys!). (BraggingBags, $16.99)
5. Wooden Wedding Sign. While this idea isn't totally new, we love the font used to write the couple's name here. Don't want your names? Then use it to point your guests in the right direction for dancing or cocktails. (TrueConnection, $30)
Images by (from left): Christan Parreira, MorgannHillDesigns, and Mi Belle Photographers.
As the DIY editor at WeddingChannel.com I'm always on the lookout for new inspirations. Check back here to find weekly Link Love, advice, and step-by-step projects for the DIY bride.
Want to see your own DIY wedding or project featured here? Have a great tip or inspiration you'd like to share? Shoot me an email.