December 23, 2010
Link Love: Holiday Spectacular
So while I usually try to stick to mainly wedding crafts on this blog (for obvious reasons), I couldn't resist some of these cute holiday projects. Here are some great last-minute craft ideas for that hard-to-shop-for person on your list, or even for that Christmas Eve party your throwing. Enjoy, and Happy Holidays!
1. Pine Cone Garland. This simple garland easily completes a rustic holiday decor look (and if your pine cones are fresh, it can also make your house smell great too!) (Twig & Thistle)
2. Peace, Joy, Love Pillows. These easy-to-make throw pillows make a perfect holiday gift and you could even use the stencils for something else (like a runner or tablecloth) once the pillows are done. (My Backyard Eden)
3. Gingerbread House. Even if you're like me, who only once successfully constructed a gingerbread house that was anything close to edible, this project looks pretty enticing. Go ahead, give it another shot. (Honestly WTF)
4. Christmas Wreath. This isn't so much a "how-to" but rather an idea: try using branches from the Feioja tree for your next wreath. It's naturally got just the right mix of green, silver, and red, as shown in the photo. (Rummage)
5. Mini Gingerbread Houses. How inventive is this!? Assembling these mini houses so you can easily dip them into your hot chocolate seems like the perfect solution to a (albeit minor) holiday problem. Yum! (Not Martha)
And just in case you're looking for a last-minute ornament idea, try these retro holiday cupcakes from Bake It Pretty.
As the DIY editor at WeddingChannel.com I'm always on the lookout for new inspirations. Check back here to find weekly Link Love, advice, and step-by-step projects for the DIY bride.
Want to see your own DIY wedding or project featured here? Have a great tip or inspiration you'd like to share? Shoot me an email.