October 14, 2010
You already know that DIY wedding success is all about the little things -- even if you think they may not be noticed by your guests, trust us, they will be. These projects are all fairly simple and fairly small, but I'm sure they'll still make a big impact.
1. Vanilla Sugar Cookies. Normally, I wouldn't add in a recipe that this simple, but the icing and designs just make these too cute (rack it up to just having a sweet tooth today). (WhipUp)
2. Craft Table Runner. If you're going DIY and quickly finding the price of fabric can really add up, try this -- a simple runner. It's a great way to dress up your table without looking like you just cut back on fabric. (100 Layer Cake)
3. Pennant Bunting Card. Talk about an exciting way to announce your engagement! Spell out your names on a fabric pennant and tuck it in your card along with a save-the-date. (Just Something I Made)
4. DIY Macaroon Bags. I'm probably never 'over it' when it comes to macaroons. And these cute little bags are no different. The best part? You could easily print out the labels and use them on a variety of favors. (Green Wedding Shoes)
5. Paper Favor Cups. These cute cups are just the thing to hold mini M&M's, bite-size brownies, or even small saplings for your guests to take home. Use old scraps of wrapping paper, magazines, or even old newspapers to try it out. (JustSomethingIMade.com)
As the DIY editor at WeddingChannel.com I'm always on the lookout for new inspirations. Check back here to find weekly Link Love, advice, and step-by-step projects for the DIY bride.
Want to see your own DIY wedding or project featured here? Have a great tip or inspiration you'd like to share? Shoot me an email.