October 01, 2010
Fall may be on it's way (and it's totally raining here today in NYC), but these crafts have us thinking it's an endless summer....
1. Colorful Mason Jars. We'll admit -- we're a bit tired of seeing the mason jar centerpiece again and again and again. This new twist however, puts it right back on our trendlist. (100 Layer Cake)
2. Lace Cutout Laterns. These ethereal lights are so simple -- and they're just the thing you need to set the mood as the evening winds down. (Kootoyoo.com)
3. Herbal Boutonnieres. So after flowers, buttons, fabric and paper -- what's the next new thing to do with boutonnieres? Use some sweet smelling herbs, like the lavender and rosemary seen here. (OnceWed.com)
4. Pink Drink Parasols. Maybe this one is more bridal shower than wedding reception, but we love the delicate cutout in these drink parasols. (Can you just imagine them making an appearance alongside those DIY lanterns from #2?) (Papermash)
5. Rose Petal Chandelier. Chandeliers like this one set an instant mood and they're so quick and simple you won't feel bad if you can't keep them forever. (The Country Cottage)
As the DIY editor at WeddingChannel.com I'm always on the lookout for new inspirations. Check back here to find weekly Link Love, advice, and step-by-step projects for the DIY bride.
Want to see your own DIY wedding or project featured here? Have a great tip or inspiration you'd like to share? Shoot me an email.