September 09, 2010
It's Thursday and that means one thing: the best of what the web has to offer. Let's jump right to it.
1. Friendship Necklaces. We promise these didn't go out of style! Really! OK, well, maybe you won't be wearing them out on a chic date, but this would make a wonderful (and memorable) project for you and your bridesmaids to try out. (Honestly WTF).
2. Fabric Flowers. If you're going for a retro-kitschy-cute wedding style, these handmade flowers could be just the thing for your bouquet. Just make sure you mismatch the fabric patterns like in the photo. (Snowy Bliss)
3. Cheeky Chinese Fortune Teller. Contraband at most grade schools -- you can show your wedding guests just what a rebel you are by presenting them at the reception. (Well, maybe not that daring). This is more of an inspirational link: the creator, Scott Bedford illustrates a sort of "choose your own ending" with illustrations. Sub in those illustrations with fun facts, stories, or even your own photos to make a totally personalized (and fun!) favor or bit of table decor. (What I Made)
4. Felt Rose Tutorial. Oh cute little felt flower, let me count thy uses... You could make several and put them on a headband for your flower girl, scatter them on your reception tables for added decoration, add a post and make them into earrings for your bridesmaids... The list goes on. (Lydia's Treasures)
5. Emboss Anything. Maybe making a balloon drawing like this one isn't your idea of DIY chic, but follow the easy steps in this tutorial and you'll be on your way to embossing anything! Just think -- your own stylish embossed thank-you notes, invitations, seating cards or programs for a fraction of the cost. (too much of a good thing is simply wonderful)
Do you have a DIY question you want to see answered here? Post it! And we'll answer.
- Amy E.
As the DIY editor at WeddingChannel.com I'm always on the lookout for new inspirations. Check back here to find weekly Link Love, advice, and step-by-step projects for the DIY bride.
Want to see your own DIY wedding or project featured here? Have a great tip or inspiration you'd like to share? Shoot me an email.