September 23, 2010
Link Love: All About Accessories
This week is all about those extras that can really complete a wedding ensemble. The best part about these projects? Minimal sewing expertise is required to get these totally fashionable looks.
1. Potato Print Accessories. These cute accessories use buttons in various sizes to add to headbands or even bobby pins. We also think that a cute cluster of these buttons would make an excellent non-floral boutonniere. (Incy Wincy Stitches)
2. Melon Necklace. Yup, you read right. This necklace is actually made from melon seeds that have been painted and then had holes carefully poked through their centers. Bet you never knew it wasn't wooden beads from looking at that photo, right? (The Little Treasures)
3. Skinny Ties. Keep your wedding as hipster as you want with this simple project to convert any old regular wide tiny into indie-rocker skinny fabulous-ness. (DesignMom.com)
4. Petal Sandals. If these look familiar to you, they should. They're based on a gorgeous design from Louboutin himself. Lucky for you, these won't set you back $500 -- you can add the petals yourself. (LoveMaegan.com)
5. Shoe Re-Fashioning. There's nothing like a good recession friendly re-fashioning project to make your wardrobe feel new again. This project actually presents two ideas in one: one for you (pictured) and one for your flower girl. (Whip Up)
As the DIY editor at WeddingChannel.com I'm always on the lookout for new inspirations. Check back here to find weekly Link Love, advice, and step-by-step projects for the DIY bride.
Want to see your own DIY wedding or project featured here? Have a great tip or inspiration you'd like to share? Shoot me an email.