September 13, 2010
11:55 AM

DIY Name Banner

DIYNameBanner_655

Want to set up the perfect backdrop for your evening wedding? Create a banner with your names on it!

Tie a 12-inch piece of ribbon to the top of each letter so that it hangs secure and straight. Attach each of those ribbons to a super long rope between two trees or posts outdoors. Twist a string of large Christmas lights to the rope so that sparkles of light are in between some of your hanging letters.

This serves as a great backdrop to both celebrate your day and to eliminate confusion when everyone's looking through their summer wedding photos -- they'll know exactly which ones were from your gorgeous outdoor reception! (Another way to use these without making them the focus of your decor: hang them at the entrance, where your welcome sign would be! For other welcome sign ideas, go here and here.)

Image by Jason and Anna Photography.

Get even more DIY ideas in our photo gallery.

Have a DIY question? Let us answer it.

by Leticia Frazao

6 comments | post a comment

If I'm not mistaken, these letters seem to be quite a few different fonts. There are a bunch of beautiful, whimsical fonts available for (free) download on DaFont(.com).

Oh, and this idea will definitely be at my wedding- it is adorable! :)

posted by: Keeli
on January 08, 2011 at 04:27 PM

Hi, my husband and I are the photographers for this wedding :) The letters were cardboard, they decorated them with spray paint and a little bit of glitter if I remember. Joann's and Michaels sells a lot of stuff like this. Have fun!

posted by: anna
on October 14, 2010 at 03:40 PM

Wow these are so cute and effective!!

posted by: Emma Clarke
on October 12, 2010 at 03:45 AM

I love this idea. Can anyone tell me if these letters were printed and if so, what font they were printed in?

posted by: Krystal
on October 02, 2010 at 07:26 PM

This is super cute! Great idea for any party

posted by: Michelle
on September 20, 2010 at 11:04 AM

I love this idea as a welcome sign. It would make a great decoration over a gift table as well.

posted by: Melissa
on September 18, 2010 at 02:21 PM

The comments to this entry are closed.

Get up-to-the-minute celebrity wedding news and Hollywood-inspired planning tips and tricks at CelebrityWeddingBuzz.com.

For expert etiquette and planning advice, visit WeddingChannel.com -- the number one wedding and gift registry website!

About Us

As the DIY editor at WeddingChannel.com I'm always on the lookout for new inspirations. Check back here to find weekly Link Love, advice, and step-by-step projects for the DIY bride.

Want to see your own DIY wedding or project featured here? Have a great tip or inspiration you'd like to share? Shoot me an email.

WeddingChannelstore: Do-It-Yourself Favors: shop now