May 13, 2010
OK, so it may not be the most colorful Link Love that we've had, but trust us, these projects are pretty amazing. They're all geared towards getting ready for the big day -- from sending out your invitations to keeping your bridal party excited. Here's the best from around the web this week.
1. Plastic Fantastic. We won't even try to hide how cool this project is. These plastic rings would make a great gift for your bridesmaids, or a fun piece to give to your flower girl. (Planet June)
2. Outside the Paperstock. If you don't know about Nonpareil magazine, you should. It's filled with amazing wedding craft ideas, like this one, which lets you to make your invitations out of fabric, or even write your wedding day info on vintage china plates. (Nonpareil magazine)
3. May Flowers. Old-fashioned bridal suites used to be decorated with wreaths on the day of the wedding. Why not toy with that idea by making this cute wreath to let everyone know where the bride's getting ready? (Lollychops)
4. Butterfly pillows. Who doesn't love butterflies? This adorable pillow could easily serve as a ring bearers pillow for a casual spring wedding. Or, simply make as a gift for your bridesmaids. (Ruffles and Stuff)
5. What Happens in Vegas... For this particular project, the writer is actually heading to Vegas for a vacation and trying to get her friends excited about the trip, but we think the concept works perfectly for a wedding too. If you're wedding is just a few weeks away, why not get your bridal psyched up for the big day by sending along a little gift to remind them how much you're looking forward to their being there? Give them a small shot glass, handkerchief, or even just a note. (Ready, Set, Craft!)
-- Amy E.
Find more great DIY ideas in our photo galleries
As the DIY editor at WeddingChannel.com I'm always on the lookout for new inspirations. Check back here to find weekly Link Love, advice, and step-by-step projects for the DIY bride.
Want to see your own DIY wedding or project featured here? Have a great tip or inspiration you'd like to share? Shoot me an email.