April 01, 2010
So our Link Love comes a little late today -- but with no less love! Here are some nature inspired designs from around the web that are perfect just as they are, or could be modified slightly to fit just about any style. Feel the love.
1. I love these rock place cards the author used at her own recent wedding. How perfect for an outdoor affair where you don't want anything to blow away! (The Violet Hours).
2. We all know cupcakes have become a major wedding trend to serve in lieu of the traditional 3-tiered wedding cake. But what about mini cupcakes? And for all you brides out there sticking to a pre-wedding diet -- you can still indulge. This recipe is low-fat. Sweet. (Dana Made It). (If you're wondering how these are nature inspired, well, all the ingredients are natural. And besides, cupcakes are wonderful to talk about anytime!)
3. This vintage wallpaper envelope liner project originally comes from 100 Layer Cake, but I love that this blog ads some additional resources and specifics on where you can buy some amazing vintage wall paper to use. How cute! (Say Yes to Hoboken).
4. Still looking for that perfect something for your flower girl? Why not have her wear this cute flowered hair clip, that's got just an added touch of style thanks to the frayed edges. (100 Layer Cake).
5. How cool would these branch inspired brooches look as boutinerres on your groomsmen? If your FH is the type that cringes at the very thought of pinning a rose to his jacket, this could be a great solution. (Maya Made).
-- Amy Eisinger
As the DIY editor at WeddingChannel.com I'm always on the lookout for new inspirations. Check back here to find weekly Link Love, advice, and step-by-step projects for the DIY bride.
Want to see your own DIY wedding or project featured here? Have a great tip or inspiration you'd like to share? Shoot me an email.