April 20, 2009
10:00 AM

How-To: Cupcake Tower

Stand-7-2

We're so excited to feature this quirky cupcake tower from awesome designer (and recent newlywed!) Lori Federico. Here's how she put it together:

"I actually just ordered the basic cardboard design from Cupcaketree.com, since it was reasonably priced and I can’t cut forms very well. Plus, it’s recyclable. But you can definitely build yours out of things like styrofoam cake forms and boards from cake and craft supply stores if that’s your cup of tea.

"There are so many options to decorate it. You can use paper, ribbon, cloth or anything else that you can figure out how to attach! I originally looked for vintage maps on eBay, but ended up ordering these large sheets of wrapping paper with maps of Italy on them. Since my husband is Italian, I thought this would be a great little way to celebrate his heritage."

Materials
Cupcake tower/tree, or cake boards and forms to make your own
Ribbon, cord, paper, fabric, paint, etc. to decorate
Glue gun and hot glue sticks
Craft glue stick, paste or spray adhesive

Stand-1

Step 1: Trace the rounds for each tier on the backs of the paper you'll be covering them with. Then cut out the paper and glue it onto the tier with a craft glue stick, paste or spray adhesive.

Stand-2

Step 2: Paint the little supports for each level black so they'll fade into the background.

Stand-3-4

Step 3:
Glue whatever trim and embellishment you'd like on each round tier. Use some type of ribbon on the outside of each tier to cover the edges of the corrugated cardboard.

Stand-5-6

Step 4: Finish any remaining assembly of the cupcake stand. Now all that's missing is the cupcakes!

Read Lori's blog and browse her invitations, wedding accessories and other offerings at www.FedericoDesigns.com
13 comments | post a comment

That is one of the nicest displays of cupcakes I hace seen - it really made me want to eat one (well,several actually). I like the way the cakes are spaced out so that you can see them properly.

posted by: Cupcake
on September 12, 2010 at 04:16 AM

Thanks for sharing your deco-scheme. That looks really great. Also check out Cupcaketree.com for other inspirational decorating ideas. I went to this website after seeing that she ordered her cupcake tree from them. The ribbon border you used along with the paper really complimented each other. Awesome job!

posted by: Debbie
on July 25, 2010 at 03:00 PM

I love this!! It is very original and I just love the whole idea of having a cupcake cake!! I'll have to check out cupcaketree.com!! Great Job!!
http://www.louisvuittonbagmall.com lv bags

posted by: authentic gucci hysteria handbags
on July 21, 2010 at 05:27 AM

It's absolutely Perfect!I love the way on how you decorate those frames on the wall, and it goes with the floor too.Cool!
I would try that in our house.

posted by: louis vuitton speedy bag
on July 21, 2010 at 05:26 AM

Wow, love your idea! Actually loved it so much that we've included your blog post in our 50 Wedding blog post feature on www.partycupcakeideas.com

posted by: Sprinkles
on June 30, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Good post, I want to post opinions since the comments provides web owners for being more engaged and towards the chance to certainly gain knowledge of from each other.

posted by: Jordan 13 shoes
on May 15, 2010 at 04:15 AM

Brittany!
Wedding & Event Planner
www.diaryofaplanner.blogspot.com
www.twitter.com/UrDreamPlanner

posted by: Brittany Allen
on April 08, 2010 at 04:07 PM

Wow,great content and your blog template is so beautiful. Is this template free or not. If so, would you please share this template? if not, how much does it cost? Thanks a lot!

posted by: Coach handbags for sale
on March 02, 2010 at 04:48 AM

Wow! gorgeous i like the cupcake tower it looks so delicious. :)

winnie

posted by: catering
on December 09, 2009 at 10:49 PM

I agree that Cupcaketree.com is the way to go. They make it a breeze by supplying an easy to assemble blank canvas. I have used their mini tree for a couple birthday parties and a baby shower! http://www.cupcaketree.com/

posted by: Misty LaViolette
on November 16, 2009 at 11:23 AM

The comments to this entry are closed.

Get up-to-the-minute celebrity wedding news and Hollywood-inspired planning tips and tricks at CelebrityWeddingBuzz.com.

For expert etiquette and planning advice, visit WeddingChannel.com -- the number one wedding and gift registry website!